This all day training programme that is intended to give Officers
a clear understanding of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984.
It will explore the role of officers, outline the history if its
introduction, explain the key issues in the law, detail the procedures
necessary to ensure a successful prosecution.
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate how the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984
- To be aware of delegated powers and Managers authorizations
- Understand the need for accurate and detailed witness statements
- Understand the importance of the use of a Pocket note book
- Understand the need for exhibits and the correct way to interview
- The need for careful preparation and the summary of evidence
of a case in line with the Criminal Procedures and Investigations
Act 1996 and Offences under the Licensing Act 2003